Tenter d'appréhender le système de l'Internet réclame d'en étudier la dynamique et donc de considérer son futur à partir de sa jeune expérience.
The packet switched international network of the World Digital Ecosystem has already used three different technologies:
- from 1977 (closed in 2004): Tymnet, which pioneered commercial, and international services supported the other two, as well as many other private ones, as services to more than 80 public national packet switch services (supported by Intlnet from 1978 to 1987 that sponsors this site and is at the origin of the IUCG lead users based endeavor).
- from 1982: CITT (now ITU-T) X.75/X.25 and the "X series" of recommendations on data networks, open system communications, and security. Today, ITU-T is engaged in the "Y series" of recommendations on the global information infrastructure, Internet protocol aspects, and next-generation networks.
- from 1985: Internet was documented by the IETF. This technology originated from the US ARPA ARPANET project. It is indebted to the initial contributions of the French INRIA CYCLADE parallel project, whose team is at the origin of the recently created PSOC international network research society. It currently supports the digital convergence of the World Society of Information. This makes the governance and adminance (its technical governance) of the Internet a key international issue.
The next technology of the international network (internet) is an increasingly debated and researched question that also has three different approaches:
- iterative (or incremental): a continual evolution, which also accumulates patches and fixes over a surprisingly successful experimentation. This is the domain of the ISOC sponsored IETF, IESG, IAB and IRTF.
- disruptive: a clean-slate radical approach, supported by "designers seeking to join the Internet founding fathers, and also by some of the founding fathers themselves" (ITU-T Technology Watch Report 10, of which the launching of this site is rather indebted to).
- comprehensive (or fundamental): to better comprehend the problem through a change of point of view bringing new perspectives in the use of the Internet by extensions that will stay under/over/inter-operable with the core Internet uncoupled development. This may result from a clean slate revision based upon the acquired experience of an existing set of solutions.
This technology will adhere to the five strata ALFA model:
- inter-expressibility: use of semiotic protocols to express ideas: languages, gesture, and movements.
- inter-connectibility: basic use of the bandwidth to send signals: telephone, TV, radio and quantum.
- inter-operationality: value-added use of this bandwidth to exchange passive content: such as the "Internet"
- inter-intelligibility: extended services of intelligent interface to deliver active content: such as the "Internet+"
- inter-comprehensibility: semantic use of intelligent links to facilitate mutual comprehension : such as the "Intersem" of ideas.
Tout ce qui est publié de nouveau sur ce site, rentre dans le domaine public.
Everything new published on this site becomes public domain.